Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Spaghetti with Parmesan Bread




















Roasted GarlicSpaghetti Sauce:
1 medium onion
1lb lean ground pork
1/4 cup white wine
1 Kielbasa sausage
salt and pepper to taste
1 24oz jar or can of pasta sauce (I used Classico  Roasted Garlic)
1 tsp oregano (or to taste)
1 small 6 oz can tomato paste (optional)
1 can medium ripe olives
1 large tomato (chopped)

In a large pan fry onions, pork, Kielbasa, salt and pepper and wine on medium high. When cooked and reduced add pasta sauce, oregano, and tomato paste.  (Use the tomato paste if you like a thicker sauce. I did not use it in mime this time.  I usually do but I didn't have any.)  Let mixture come to simmer then add olives and tomatoes. Simmer covered on low for 15 minutes stirring often.

Prepare spaghetti as per the instructions on package.  Spoon sauce on pasta.

Note:  I added some barbequed chicken I had left over from another meal.  It was cooked so I added it with the sauce.  For additional crunch you can add a couple stalks of celery cut small to the pan when frying the meats and onions.  I've had spaghetti sauce with other vegetables as well such as squash.  Add whatever you like. Experiment and have fun!


Parmesan Bread:
1 loaf french bread (cut in half longways)
butter
parmesan cheese
garlic powder (optional)

Butter cut side of bread.  Sprinkle cheese on bread until covered.  Sprinkle garlic powder if desired.  Broil on high in oven on top rack 2-3 minutes or until golden brown watching not to burn. Slice bread and serve warm.

Good Eats!


No comments:

Post a Comment